Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kozy's, Edina, Minnesota

Kozy's is an upscale steak and fish place in Minnesota's Galleria shopping center. It's independently owned and operated which is always nice.

I must admit, I'm a bit out of practice. I have definitely slowed down the pace after changing jobs and not traveling 3 times a month. I will continue to post as I find restaurants serving dessert in its purest form. (I think you can guess what that is.)

(Sorry for the poor image, i really need to carry a real camera instead of using my phone...)

Presentation:
Served in a traditional oval medium height ramekin. Garnished with a sliced strawberry.

Crust:
Thin, delicate crust with no charring. Slightly less sweet than some.

Custard:
The custard was served slightly cool. The density and texture were unique and a bit more pudding consistency instead of the traditional firm custard. It had a very strong and pleasant vanilla flavor.

Overall Impression:
Overall, it had been over a month since my last dose of creme brulee. It was great to get a fix again, I hardly knew how much I had missed it! I definitely enjoyed the custard much more than I usually do when the density and texture are so soft. The flavor is good and I think it is a solid creme brulee overall.

Rating:
2/5

No comments:

crème brûlée|creme brûlée|crème brulée|crème brûlee|crème brulee|creme brulée|creme brulee|burnt cream